Our Vision & Mission
Communities flourishing with the well-being, abundance and peace that God desires.
Isaiah 65: 17-25 (NIV) – New Heavens and a New Earth
17“See, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind. 18But be glad and rejoice forever in what I will create, for I will create Jerusalem to be a delight and its people a joy. 19I will rejoice over Jerusalem and take delight in my people; the sound of weeping and of crying will be heard in it no more. 20“Never again will there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not live out his years; the one who dies at a hundred will be thought a mere child; the one who fails to reach a hundred will be considered accursed. 21They will build houses and dwell in them; they will plant vineyards and eat their fruit. 22No longer will they build houses and others live in them, or plant and others eat. For as the days of a tree, so will be the days of my people; my chosen ones will long enjoy the work of their hands. 23They will not labor in vain, nor will they bear children doomed to misfortune; for they will be a people blessed by the Lord, they and their descendants with them. 24Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear. 25The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, and dust will be the serpent’s food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain,” says the Lord.
To demonstrate Christ’s love through cultivating stronger communities. This will be reflected in advancing quality early learning experiences, healthy eating and active living, Christ-centered lifestyles and impactful nonprofit organizations.
Our Funding Approach
The Welborn Baptist Foundation seeks to help nonprofit organizations thrive and transform our community. We fund change in two important areas:
- Investing in Nonprofit Excellence. The most fundamental driver of change is a community with well-equipped, trained nonprofit leadership at all levels.
- Funding programs with high community impact, in critical focus areas. The Foundation has identified Early Learning, Healthy Eating & Active Living, and Christ-Centered Living as priorities for strategic investments. Each represents a pivotal area for significant improvement in this place where we all live, learn, work, play, and pray. Early learning gives kids the start they need for a lifetime of learning; healthy eating and active living promote a lifestyle of health; and Christ-centered living reaches all with the life-changing love of Christ.
How We Work
- Longer, deeper grantee relationships – Our focused strategy allows us to have closer, more effective relationships with grantees – to accelerate community change through growing, sustainable organizations.
- Emphasis on collaboration – The magnitude and complexity of these community issues exceed the capacity of any one organization to address. We seek increasing levels of collaboration among organizations, funders, and other community partners.
- Measuring and sharing impact – We are committed to evaluating the impact of our investments, as well as fostering a commitment to measurement and improvement within the organizations we fund. We see evaluation as learning for refinement, not a report card.
Who We Serve
The Welborn Baptist Foundation service area is comprised of fourteen counties in the Tri-State region:
- In Indiana: Dubois, Gibson, Perry, Pike, Posey, Spencer, Vanderburgh, and Warrick Counties
- In Illinois: Gallatin, Saline, Wabash, Wayne, and White Counties
- In Kentucky: Henderson County