Evaluation & Reporting Requirements
As partners working toward shared outcomes and improvements in our communities, grantees and Foundation staff work together to understand and tell stories about the impact of funded projects. The process for required evaluation and reporting is relational and designed to support learning and continuous improvement – important building blocks for impact.
Applications include sections where organizations are required to identify the WBF outcomes their projects and programs would likely advance if funded.
Helpful application tips
- Plan ahead: Applicants should have a clear sense about what results or outcomes they expect to see from of their project. Outcomes are changes in knowledge, attitudes, behaviors, conditions, etc., in people served, in the organization or in broader systems.
- Know the Foundation: WBF provides a Path to Impact for each priority funding area to help describe our desired outcomes and ultimate community impact. See Paths to Impact for Early Learning, Healthy Eating & Active Living, Christ-Centered Living and Nonprofit Excellence [Click here to view Path to Impact Library] .
Foundation support and expert technical assistance is available to assist the evaluation and reporting process.
Evaluation and reporting steps – (Additional or unique steps will be communicated after award.)
- STEP 1 – Grantees will meet with Foundation staff and evaluation experts shortly after their award to discuss and agree upon a plan for evaluation of the funded project.
- STEP 2 – A Progress Check-In will occur roughly mid-way through the grant period and will involve a meeting with Foundation staff to discuss progress of the grant and to assess needs. Grantees will be able to access Foundation staff, support and expert technical assistance as they track, and report outcomes during the grant period.
- STEP 3 – A Final Report will be due towards the end of the grant period. Our Final Reports are collected through a combination of data submission and an interview process to capture narrative stories, successes, challenges and learnings. These Final Reports are designed to be as useful to the grantee as they are to the Foundation.
Contact Liz Tharp, Learning & Impact Officer email@example.com or 812-437-8260 for questions.