All applicant organizations must be nonprofit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) and further defined as public charities 509(a)(1), also known as 170(b)(1)(1A) groups. Secular and faith-based nonprofit organizations are eligible for funding. Faith-based organizations are legal nonprofit entities which have either their origin in a religious organization or have been founded by individuals who share a purpose, all of which have a primary mission to further religious principles and practices through programs of philanthropic good works.
All applicant organizations, prospective programs, projects and services must be located within the geographic area previously served by Welborn Baptist Hospital. The Foundation’s funding region includes these Tri-State counties:
|Dubois, Gibson, Perry, Pike, Posey, Spencer, Vanderburgh, Warrick||Gallatin, Saline, Wabash, Wayne, White||Henderson|
The following program and project areas will generally not be considered for funding:
- Individuals are not eligible for funding; only organizations meeting the eligibility requirements above may apply
- Establishment of, or contributions to a foundation, endowment, trust, or permanent interest-bearing account, except for specific project or program grants.
- Propaganda or attempt to influence specific legislation or public election
- Organizations not in compliance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations regarding discrimination
- Government agencies reporting to an elected or appointed official, (except for schools governed by citizens boards)
- Fundraising events or annual fund drives