Cultivating Communities…Growing Advocacy
If we really want to Cultivate Communities that Flourish, we have to be equipped with the right knowledge.
This Advocacy Blog is dedicated to providing resources to help us all better understand complex topics that impact the communities where we live, work, play, and worship.
Use the Search tool or the Tag Cloud below to narrow results.
collaboration community Early Learning Education EL Equality Equity Fairness HEAL Health Healthcare Health Equity Healthy Living inequity meeting space Philanthropy race racial injustice relationships Social Determinants of Health training
- Data Equityby Liz Tharp, Impact & Learning Officer Data is everywhere. Communities and organizations use data to highlight needs, to design […]
- Social Determinants of Health, COVID-19, and minorities – how they’re connectedOver the past several months, we’ve highlighted the topic of the Social Determinants of Health. For the sake of review, […]
- What to Say?a message from Pat Creech on race, equity, relationships, and learning. click here to view the transcript
- Educational EquityContinuing the conversation on Equity versus Equality, and looking ahead to the opening of our Early Learning Grant Cycle next month, we’re focusing this time on Educational Equity.
- Health EquityIn the past couple of posts, we’ve discussed the topics of the “Social Determinants of Health” and “Equity versus Equality.” The underlying message of the “Social Determinants of Health” is that the conditions in which people live have a more significant impact on their overall state of health than their genetics. Access to quality food, education, transportation, and living conditions all play a critical part in our health.
- Equity vs EqualityThis image has become commonly used in illustrating the difference between equity and equality. The basic message is that equality is providing the same solutions to overcoming obstacles without full consideration of an individual’s (or group’s) unique circumstances. In order to provide equitable solutions, each individual (or group) must be provided the necessary means based on their unique set of circumstances.
- Social Determinants of HealthThere’s a lot of discussion today focused on the Social Determinants of Health. These are defined as the conditions in which people are born, grow, live, work and age and include factors like socioeconomic status, education, neighborhood, and physical environment, employment, and social support networks as well as access to health care.
- What is Philanthropy?“Philanthropy” can mean different things to different people, but as Jamie Levy explains in this video, it really comes down to how we love people.
- Faith and GivingHow are the two related? What is the relationship between having a faith affiliation, and charitable giving? As an organization […]
- Growing Faith in Our CommunityLeveraging national resources on a local level How would you describe our region’s profile when it comes to matters of […]