Welborn Baptist Foundation is pleased to offer the opportunity to participate in a unique, local, leadership training experience developed in collaboration with Indiana University. This Nonprofit Next Generation Leadership Academy is designed to offer ‘best in class’ training for those who have been in key nonprofit leadership positions in our community a short time, or have been formally identified as leadership successors and/or upcoming leadership for the organization. The goal of the Academy is to build the leadership capacity of participants and thereby strengthen organizations. This program will kick-off in August 2018 and will include 6 training modules covering practical and highly relevant training topics over a 10 month period. Training sessions will be facilitated by world class instructors. Participants will have the opportunity to network with peers in the nonprofit community throughout the program, and those who fulfill all Academy requirements will receive an IU Executive Leadership Education Certificate issued by Indiana University SPEA. This will be the second offering of the Nonprofit Next Generation Leadership Academy. In 2016, a pilot offering was launched and completed with 19 leaders participating. Outcomes to date have exceeded our expectations and have inspired our second offering.
Individuals whose organizations have prepared or developed the following will benefit most, as some assignments may ask participants to reflect on these documents:
- An up-to-date strategic plan (3 year horizon)
- A current marketing plan
- A current fund-raising plan
- A policy/procedure manual for the organization, including HR polices/procedures
- Audited financials
- A succession plan for key positions including identification of potential successors to the current Executive Director
This training opportunity will require a significant commitment that will include the following:
- Attendance at all six 2-day sessions (August 7 & 8 , October 2 & 3, December 4 & 5, February 5 & 6, 2019, April 2 & 3, May 14 & 15) to qualify for the IU Certificate. Trainings will be held at 21 SE Third Street (German American Bank building downtown Evansville) from 8:30am-4:30pm
- Attendance at a pre-course reception and orientation (tentative date of August 1), with a celebration luncheon at the close of the program in 2019. (attendance of these 2 events are not mandatory)
- Participation in various leadership assessments that will evaluate key leadership competencies throughout the program, potentially including a post-program assessment conducted in partnership with Diehl Consulting Group
- Completion of all assignments, including work on a ‘real world’ project
- Submission of a brief personal bio and organizational profile, to ensure curriculum alignment
The Leadership Academy will be underwritten in large part by WBF. However, participating organizations will be expected to cover a portion of the cost, based on their annual operating revenue. Your organization’s contribution would be $500-$1500.00, according to your organizational budget. Please note that the cost to attain this certificate independently through Indiana University would be over $6000.
We believe this program will offer participants a transforming experience that will equip them to add even greater value to their organizations in the near term and enhance personal leadership competencies for future leadership roles. We hope your organization will consider taking part.
To be considered, please complete an application on our website by May 18, 2018 . If you have questions, contact Candice Perry, Nonprofit Excellence Officer at CPerry@welbornfdn.org or call 812-437-8260.