The Christian faith is built upon this truth: Jesus Christ, the Son of God was crucified and resurrected so that each of us may have eternal life through a personal relationship with Him. After making a commitment, Christians have the ongoing opportunity -the mandate – to grow and develop their faith and to share the love of Christ, through word and deed.
What could our region look like with more Christians demonstrating their faith through tangible action? Christ-Centered Living is grounded on the Christian gospel message, involves meaningful discipleship and learning, and encourages believers to care for their communities.
Faith in the Tri-state
Over 1,800 random adults in Vanderburgh, Warrick, and Henderson Counties were asked to identify their religious faith.
- 8 out of 10 (83%) say they are Christian. This is about the same as the nation. (82%)
- 1 out of 10 (13%) say they are atheist, agnostic, no faith or some other faith.
- Just 2% of the population say they are Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, or Buddhist.
Data from our 2016 Community Faith Survey
Progress in the Tri-state in the area of Christ-Centered Living will be measured by these community changes:
- More Christians will contribute to a flourishing community as an outgrowth of their faith
- More people will orient their lives toward Christ and more residents will flourish in their communities
- More people will hear and embrace Christ and His salvation through a personal relationship with Jesus
The Foundation has identified two specific priorities that engage key audiences:
- Gospel Lived – Increasing opportunities for all to learn about the love of Christ and to benefit from Christ-centered programs and services
- Gospel Leveraged – Transforming communities through Christ-led collaborative efforts
Path to Impact
Our Path to Impact is the process by which the positive change that we believe our communities need will be realized through the focus on the priorities listed above.
Our Commitment to Nonprofit Excellence
We believe that Nonprofit organizations are the lifeblood of our community and that systematic, comprehensive, affordable training and leadership capacity-building opportunities are critically important for both staff and board members – equipping this next generation to lead and govern.
Through our Nonprofit Excellence Impact Area, we are working to provide education and resources to nonprofit leaders so that they are better equipped to lead with excellence and organizations can sustainably thrive.