The Christ-Centered Living 2021 Grant Cycle is NOW OPEN!
Applications may be submitted through January 31.
Click below to learn more about the grant cycle process and how to apply.
The Christian faith is built upon this truth: Jesus Christ, the Son of God was crucified and resurrected so that each of us may have eternal life through a personal relationship with Him. After making a commitment, Christians have the ongoing opportunity -the mandate – to grow and develop their faith and to share the love of Christ, through word and deed.
What could our region look like with more Christians demonstrating their faith through tangible action? Christ-Centered Living is grounded on the Christian gospel message, involves meaningful discipleship and learning, and encourages believers to care for their communities.
Faith in the Tri-state
Over 1,800 random adults in Vanderburgh, Warrick, and Henderson Counties were asked to identify their religious faith.
- 8 out of 10 (83%) say they are Christian. This is about the same as the nation. (82%)
- 1 out of 10 (13%) say they are atheist, agnostic, no faith or some other faith.
- Just 2% of the population say they are Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, or Buddhist.
Data from our 2016 Community Faith Survey. New data scheduled to be released 2021.
Progress in the Tri-state in the area of Christ-Centered Living will be measured by these community changes:
- More Christians will contribute to a flourishing community as motivated by their faith. [Ephesians 2:10]
- More people will flourish in their community facilitated by the work of Christians, churches and Christ-Centered Organizations. [Ephesians 4:11-12]
- More people will hear, embrace, and orient their lives towards becoming an obedient follower of Christ. [Matthew 28:18-20]
The Foundation has identified three specific priorities that engage key audiences:
- Christ-Centered Nonprofit Impact – Christ-Centered nonprofits and collaborations effectively connecting with residents and providing equitable access to resources, programs and services to help them flourish.
- Christ-Centered Collaborative Efforts – Christ-Centered nonprofits and churches facilitating collaborative efforts with other each other, secular nonprofits/organizations, schools, and other stakeholders to meet community needs that contribute to flourishing.
- Mobilized, Activated, and Equipped Churches – Churches and Christ-Centered nonprofits efforts to mobilize, activate, and equip the Church for/to effective cross-cultural ministry, community service and evangelism
Path to Impact
Our Path to Impact is the process by which the positive change that we believe our communities need will be realized through the focus on the priorities listed above.
Our Commitment to Nonprofit Excellence
We believe that Nonprofit organizations are the lifeblood of our community and that systematic, comprehensive, affordable training and leadership capacity-building opportunities are critically important for both staff and board members – equipping this next generation to lead and govern.
Through our Nonprofit Excellence Impact Area, we are working to provide education and resources to nonprofit leaders so that they are better equipped to lead with excellence and organizations can sustainably thrive.